Monday 21 May 2018

Yet again - not enough precision

I played Hassloch - and yet again faced my "old inless": controlling the game until reaching a won position and then allowing my opponent to escape to a draw...😕  Black to move:
I was trying to make Nd2 work, but didn´t get to the point. Actually, I didn´t have any time for working on my chess during the last 5 months or so. I am pretty convinced that I would have found the continuation Rxc3 (after Bxb7) some 6 months ago or would I have had the time for any decent training recently.  I was able to keep up the pressure for a few more moves (assuring a slight advantage of  0.6), but only to throw it all away shortly after: dead draw!

Lacking these (highly necessary) training units, I even fuck up positions like the one below (White to move):
Believe it or not, there was a clear reason why I fixed the g + h pawns - yes there was!  And by taking on e5 I could have assured the necessary edge.  But I was blind - ignoring the very reason why I fixed the pawns...😡

Not only did these full points slip through my fingers, but I also faced time trouble in 4 matches. The later, to my mind, is yet another clear indication that I need more training  and (definitely) NOT more tournaments!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to pick up my chess lessons prior to July...  (what a painful pitty!)

Will I  - FINALLY - get over 2100 in 2018?  I have my doubts. But I don´t give up: mid 2019 is my new target!

No comments: