Thursday 20 April 2017

Grenke - Post Mortem II

In February I had to stop any chess training activity due to a second job I took. Nevertheless, I continued with CT-ART. However, I fell down some 100 rating points once I stopped my intense daily training efforts - aaaaaalll the way to about 2330.  At a first stage, I was able to climb back to about 2360 by March. Now, I am back on 2400. That is somewhat motivating...  8-)

On top of today´s tactic session I analysed one Grenke match. Believe it or not, for the first time since about one year I used ChessBase to save+comment the game!  At the end of the game I wrote down the three most important things to remember! I then copied this into my Excel-sheet used to gather data in order to recognise patterns of improvement and/or continuous mistakes...

Here is a nice position of the game I analysed today - White (me) to move: There is one clearly winning move and I am a bit proud that I found it during time pressure - I was playing a 2300-FM:
However, with a cleary won position but only about one minute left for some 7 moves, I chickened-out and drew a few moves later...  8-/

I called it a day after I consumed some Naroditsky...

No comments: