Friday 21 April 2017

Grenke - Post Mortem III

Today I started with yet another Naroditsky - about imbalances. Although this young, talented and silver-tongued GM makes it very easy to listen, I lack more concrete games. Nevertheless, today he not only reminded me of Silman´s concept of imbalances, which as such wasn´t too bad a repetition, but also gave two nice examples from world-class chess.
Here´s Ivanchuk against Anand - Black to move:
Would you have gone for Bc4?  Maybe next time!  😉
I will (have to) go back to this game in a few months - just to be remind me of things...

In addition, I analysed yet another of my games played at the Grenke - both annotating them using CB13 and putting it into my Excel of "Pain" (storing/listing the top 3 mistakes made per lost/drawn game).

No comments: