Tuesday 13 December 2016

Day 255 / 110 to go

Now that my mobile is back, I did work with CT-ART 4.0 and solved some tactic puzzles. I went up to around 2485, but in the end fell back to around 2470.

I then went for two Lommers (finally)! Annoyingly, I spent some 30 minutes on the first one, just to find out that - against the overall concept of the book - it was, indeed, Black to make the first move! In all other cases it is "always" White to move. But for the one I am talking about, the solution starts with the following smart-ass introduction: "As Black couldn´t have made the last move, it is his turn to play..." Not really that funny...😒
"Of course", I missed the second one, too! But that´s ok, it was the first time after quite a while and Lommering is not easy at all... I actually consulted Stockfish as the subtle finesses were worth to fiddle around with using a board (and an engine).

Eventually, I called it a day after 6 of Smith´s puzzles. Here´s an interesting one (which I didn´t get):  Black to move:
To be honest - I was actually a bit too tired to really follow the solution. I will have to get back to this one tomorrow.


No comments: