Monday 12 December 2016

Day 254 / 111 to go

As "promised" earlier today, I picked up again!
I started with a post mortem of yesterday´s game. The draw as such was justified, although Stockfish acknowledges a very tine edge of about +0.4. But given that I was left with some 20 minutes for 21 moves, accepting the offer was ok. Even more so, as I still think that the position as such has a high drawing tendency...  Especially the "opening check" by Stockfish revealed that there is some improvement in the opening, where I repeatedly went for a certain move that I will not go for again!
In addition, I continued with Smith´s book and worked on a set of 6 puzzles: I solved the first three very quickly, but failed on the following two due to desperately looking for a tactical solution which didn´t work. And actually that was Smith´s intention: I simply didn´t calculate far enough but went for the "bing bang", which I shouldn´t. For this reason I also failed on no. 6: This time I did NOT go for the tactical solution - but I should have (if I only would have calculated far enough)! 😒

Tomorrow, I will definitely go for at least one Lommer.

No comments: