Thursday 15 December 2016

Day 257 / 108 to go

Uff - not really my (training session) day today...  8-/
I started with CT-ART 4.0 and dropped by some 20 rating points. Annoyingly, I didn´t lose the points due to hard puzzles, but based on a lack of focus/concentration --- maybe my working day was simply a bit to hard/long/stressful...
After a break I continued with Smith´s book: I reached a stage where he accompanies some puzzles with the words that these would be rather tough nuts to crack; and I actually failed on two out of three.

Whereas I initially planned to add two Lommers, I switched to Soltis "The Inner Game of Chess" - and was presented with a really really very nice and astonishing one; White to move - should he go for Nb6? Yes or No?:
Take your time - don´t read any further!

Did you see that Nb6 can be answered with Ne2?
If so, what was/is your conclusion now - who is better and how should White react?
Again - feel free to take your time and stop reading!
Well, to be honest, I didn´t see Ne2 for Black...It looks like a nice counterstrike, doesn´t it?
But now comes the real
Qf8!   😎

No comments: