Wednesday 3 August 2016

Day 125 / 240 to go

Based on an interesting question with regards to my ongoing problems to stay out of time trouble while playing, I focused todays complete session on a DVD by IM Richter on the "Secrets of Variation Calculation"
---> Thanks LdV!

Of course, this does yet not make me faster when calculating variations, but there were already helpful hints; e.g.
- pause for a second after you ended your variation calculation and let the resulting position "reflect" (i.e. try to do a PAT)
- a sequence which variations to calculate first (see No. 12 of my Summary of Training Achievements)

Here is a very impressive example for considering the above mentioned sequence when calculating: White to move and play Rxg7 - is it a good or bad move?

I would expect that following these and coming advices from the DVD in conjunction with practising my PAT and doing my calculation excercises with Lommer´s book should "finally" make my calculations not only more accurate but also faster...  (Let´s see!  I´ll keep on following Kramnik´s advise !)

No comments: