Sunday 28 August 2016

Days 147 - 150 / 215 to go

The tournament in Wiesbaden wasn´t too bad - unfortunately I lost against two stronger players (about 2400 and 2150) where it was definitely not necessary. The other 5 games were ok - both based on my moves made and the results. I will - just like during the last tournament - gain some 15 rating points...
I got less often in time trouble, was more often in a positive mood (even against the strong players) and told myself quite a few times the words "merciless" and "gumption").   8-)

What is still missing are full points against  2100+-rated players (as far as I recall, it was only in January when I last kicked a butt of that size); but I am confident... Maybe I shouldn´t say/write that, but it is about time to gain more than some 15 rating points during a tournament!

It is too late and too warm to go for a decent post mortem now (although I would really like to know whether I really was a bit better in the middle game against the 2400-dude and definitelly better against the 2150-guy after the opening) --- Nevertheless, this will be done tomorrow (in the most decent way)

BTW: I will NOT do any post-games analysis with the computer during the course of a tournament anymore. Doing this in the hotel - often while the TV is running - does no good, neither psychologically for the remaining games of the tournament nor in the long run. At least this is my impression...

No comments: