Monday 22 August 2016

Day 144 / 221 to go

First day at work after two weeks off - so this tiresome day didn´t leave too much energy for a full-fledged training session...

Since I finished Aagard and forgot my Lommer at home (while being away for three days), I re-started with Edouard´s "Avoidable Mistakes" making it up to the exercises of chapter one. Interestingly, when I first worked on the first chapter, my comment on his insights were rather negative, at least ignorant (see Day 50). But with Rowson´s "The seven deadly chess sins" (see Day 143) still being "fresh" in my memory I took much more out of Edouard´s advices (which he actually calls "rules" or "conclusions" in his book)...

The most impressive word of today is merciless. I need to get away from being too satisfied with a draw against a higher rated player, ignoring the position on the board. (I was actually told this by my coach before...) Being more rational and merciless will (have to) become part of my new chess personality!

Given that the next tournament starts soon, tomorrow´s lesson will include using my software to repeat some opening variations with black...


No comments: