Thursday 17 November 2016

Day 230 / 135 to go

Started with Soltis - here is a very nice position and if I am not mistaken, it was Tal with White who showed how to handle it with a purely positional sacrifice:
Ok, talking about a sacrifice it becomes clear that it has to be Bxf7. And yes, Komodo judges this move simply as "bad" - resulting in a downgrade of the position of -0,5. Nevertheless, I like Tal´s thinking behind it:
1) Positionally, it is still bad for Black (which is also acknoweldged by Komodo).
2) There are certain attacking chances for White - and a lot Black can go wrong with!
3) Although there is no surgically clean or forcable win for White, Tal simply reverses the burden of proof: (this seems like the essence to be taken from this game) Black is NOT - by no means - able to show that the sac doesn´t work!

Hence --- let´s go for it!   8-)

This sound like he had quite some fun during that game just as much as it indicates the right level of self-esteem. Hmmm, reminds me somewhat of the buzzwords "flow" and "gumption"...
So going back to Day 143 - I not only read about these things again, but also about some other helpful stuff...
Actually, I guess I should go through some of my older posts regularly (maybe even create my own "top ten")... 8-)

On top, I took the freedom for some online blitz games --- Saturday my team (incl. my son) will participate in a local Blitz Tournament! So besides the fun-factor, I can honestly say that this was some sort of preparation for Saturday.

No comments: