Tuesday 22 November 2016

Day 232 / 133 to go

Saturday (afternoon) our team played 14 rounds  at the county championship and finished third - thus qualifying for the state championship! (Which gives us the chance to qualify for the national championship tournament, but that is definitely simply unreal to achieve...)
Nevertheless, we succeeded and made it to the state championship tournament!  8-)
(The young dude on the left is my son.)

I did pretty well - only lost two (against stronger players, one in totally won positions, though) and made two additional draws. That´s not bad at all! Even better: one dude played a variation that I cannot remember having had on my board before, so I did have a closer look at it Saturday night. Hence, it shouldn´t be a surprise next time...

No comments: