Tuesday 15 November 2016

Day 228 / 137 to go

Remember Rowson´s analogy to E=mc taken from "The Seven Deadly Sins of Chess"?
In Soltis work which I used today as part of my training session, he refers to Botvinnik regarding the same issue: "Sometimes you are dealing with material apples and strategic oranges which cannot be added."  So today was a - hopefully - helpful repetition of the importance to include the dynamic value of a piece into the calculation/evaluation of a position...

In addition, I did two Lommers:  In both puzzles I found a mistake! (No´s 80 and 81 - for those "really" interested)  80 is a draw and not a win and 81 is definitely a loss and not a draw.  Of course, I only found out due to Komodo, but I somehow "felt" that it would be worth while not to trust the book but to consult the machine! I got the overall plan as well as the first moves correct, but coulnd´t calculate the variations deep enough... 8-(

No comments: