Thursday 21 July 2016

Day 112 / 253 to go

Today I started with one Lommer - but didn´t succeed. The following position is not the starting position, but already the one after diving a few moves into the variation:
The point here simply is that I wasn´t really able to calculate all the stuff arizing now and simply drew the conclusion ---- aaaahhh, White will make it. And guess what, it was, of course, a mistake!  8-(
Will I ever learn to calculate deeper + more precisely?! Hmm....

In addition, I did my daily dose of Aagards. And today I have a really amazing and somewhat exciting one (at least for me): Black to move
One hint: My Coach made me aware of the value of looking for in-between moves and I actually incorporated this into my PAT. But I didn´t go far enough when considering in-between moves in this position. So, yes, you may well move with the piece other than the night!
The actual move made is really pure joy...

2 comments:

Jonny said...

With your hint the first move was really obviously to me but then going into depth ... a lot room for improvement.

By the way, which book of Aagaard do you work with? Is it Attacking Manual?

ChessMonk said...

Hi Jonny,

it is "Positional Play" I am currently working on...

tata,
ChessMonk