Sunday 24 July 2016

Day 115 / 250 to go

According to Kramnik, chess is like body-building: You only stay in best shape if you train daily! 
Since I am not a pro, I assume that to pause for a day every once in a while (in my case weekly) won´t do no harm (and still allows me to get better)... Soon, I will have a fortnight to focus on relaxation and chess (due to holidays in Spain --- it is yet uncertain whether/how I can document my efforts during that time). Whereas now I am doing something between 90 and 120 minutes a day, I might be able to spend some 120 to 180 minutes during these two weeks (but I believe that I will still take one day off per week then)...

This Thursday I will head towards Vellmar to participate in the tournament. It will be the first tournament where I will take the complete day off (normally I work half a day and then spent many hours in the car before I rush to the first round; this is a thing of the past). I really hope not to lose any rating points yet again. I should at least be able to stop the trend, ideally reverse it!

Today I did 3 Lommers and succeeded on two. Here is a nice and probably well-known one (I am not sure, but I somewhat have the feeling that I saw it before) - White to move and win:

I would have actually done more but in the afternoon we had some guests around (and in the morning I actually did go jogging)...

No comments: