Saturday 8 October 2016

Day 190 / 175 to go

Actually, I spent the whole afternoon studying an "old forgotten" variation which was brought up again by Ramirez on one of his training DVDs.  It is a variation for White that starts with a tiny minus, but pretty soon equalizes (easily and proven in really any game that I have on Meta-DB2016) and often gives White the chance to score well!
Having said that it starts with a tiny minus, I have to add that it does so only if Black knows what he is doing very well (actually, only when he is somewhat prepared). This is not really a risk - especially given the fact that todays machines are minimizing the "first-mover advantage" more and more. Hence, getting out of the opening "decently" seems to be "just fine" - at least for me...

And as a matter of fact, the variation does have some sort of "surprise-momentum" on my side...
 


No comments: