Thursday 27 October 2016

Day 209 / 156 to go

Once more, I started with two Lommers --- and got them "pretty much" correct: I was able not only to find the right starting moves but also the overall concept, so that is ok.

I then continued with Smith´s lecture - and finally reached the point where he advises on how to set up the daily training. Strictly following it would mean for me to increase the time I spend solving tactical puzzles. The plan for the time being is to do so only some 10 to 7 days prior to a tournament as I still want to spend more time with increasing my PAT-internalisation as well as my positional play by forcing myself to make middle-game decisions.

Last but not least interesting - I started to check out A. Solti´s "The Inner Game of Chess" (using Forward Chess). He starts with the hypothesis that it is "enough" to properly identify a sequence of the next two moves instead of being able to calculate lenghty variations. Once more - like so many other authors - he claims that it is much much more about pattern recognition than anything else... Hence, after having finished Smith´s award winning lecture, I will go back to Oudeweetering´s work (I and II).

No comments: