Monday 10 October 2016

Day 192 / 173 to go

Remember my comment on the first game of the Nibelungen Open - the one where I had the bishop-pair against a rook with a somewhat wretched pawn structure on both sides?
Today I actually did a few blitz games on that position against Komodo in order to get a better feeling and somewhat increase my technique in trying to convert the position into a victory next time. Yes - for Komodo it is very easy and straight forward. But I actually plundered quite often and it took me a few tries before I finally got a decent grip and finished it confidently into victories... Actually, I did that for more than one hour.
I will do that sort of exercise more often now: positions that are won according to Komodo and which I didn´t win will be played by myself against the machine. However, I will try to decrease the speed and not do blitz games on those positions...

In addition, guess what I finally picked up again: Yes, yes - I did a Lommer! 
It was not really a difficult but a rather easy one. Nevertheless, I failed: I have to admit that I already forgot about the basics of Queen versus pawn endings as well as pawn endings in general...  8-(

No comments: